Version 1.4 went live yesterday (Sunday), with more than two dozen new features and improvements (and a reporting bug which we quickly fixed this morning).
We’re calling this release:
and spend more quality time with your customers!
Some notable improvements in the software include:
- Improved “User Wizard” will streamline your data entry the first time you use TimeForge.com
- Multiple Managers! Now, your business can have managers for the Back-of-House (BOH) and Front-of-House (FOH), for the bar, for catering, or however you setup your business. Each manager can build their own schedules, and they have access to the other schedules as well!
- With Multiple Managers …. we now detect schedule conflicts, and warn your managers before they publish the schedule.
- Many improvements were made to Employee Requests …. including the ability for you and your managers to dictate how early employee requests must be made. IE, if day-off requests should be made at least 3 days before they occur, TimeForge will enforce your business practices.
- Employee Requests that are approved or denied are now emailed directly to the employee, in addition to appearing on the employee’s own web page.
- Employees who are scheduled for a shift cannot be double-scheduled into another shift that conflicts. Although our AutoScheduler™ has always done this, our manual scheduling tool now enforces these rules as well, resulting in faster schedule creation and fewer data-entry errors.
Of course, there’s been many under-the-hood improvements and the website and other pages should now load up to twice as fast (this will depend a lot on your own connection to the Internet).
Let us know if you experience any problems / bugs with the latest updates, or if you have any ideas for improvements. We take user-suggested improvements seriously, and are in the habit of handing out years of free service to users who are as excited as we are about TimeForge.com as we are.
How long does it take to make an employee schedule? It should take less than 5 minutes! Did you know that labor costs could be as much as 30% of your expenses? TimeForge can help streamline and minimize labor costs through effective employee scheduling at your restaurant, bar, or club.