Managing a martial arts studio is hardly a 9-5 job. You need to stay up on the latest news in Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Kung Fu, Aikido, Kenpo Karate, Tang Soo Do, cardio kickboxing, boxing, or self defense. You need to attract students, retain students, hire and train instructors, schedule classes and private sessions, and deal with all the facilities and financial aspects of owning a business. Additionally, in a recession you have to do it all without wasting a dime.
Saving those dimes can be so time-consuming that you hardly have time to attend to major issues. For example, employee scheduling and attendance monitoring is an essential for your business, but how efficiently does your system run? You know it’s important. It may be the largest expense you have. Reining in over-time and over-scheduling can make the difference between a studio that thrives and one that merely survives.
However, martial arts studio employee scheduling isn’t easy. You have to manage employees with different areas of expertise, varying availability (as well as accrued PTO, time-off or class swap requests) and available hours. You have to consider all these factors (and more) to schedule your employees efficiently, while providing class coverage in times that appeal to your students.
Then, you have to communicate the schedule to all of your employees, field the inevitable schedule questions, and deal with any late class-swap, illness, or time off-requests. You end up making dozens of calls to schedule a replacement or cancel a class, and then communicate the updated schedule to all your employees. Again.
All of your time spent communicating doesn’t include the hours you spend poring over spreadsheets, trying to get a handle on the next session’s or next month’s labor costs, or this week’s overtime, and keeping an eye on the time clock to ensure your employees aren’t riding the clock or buddy-punching.
Scheduling and attendance monitoring for a martial arts business model is complicated, time-consuming, and frankly, tedious. However, you know that it’s excruciatingly important. Over-staffing costs you money. Under-staffing costs you students.
If it takes you hours, you’re not alone. Luckily, those are hours that you can easily free up to attend to the strategies that will help you slide through the recession unscathed (or just to have a weekend off every so often).
TimeForge can cut your employee scheduling and attendance monitoring time from hours to minutes (literally).
Additionally, the ability to manage schedules at one or many locations, schedule those with stronger skills in the high volume time slots, and monitor and forecast your labor costs helps TimeForge increase martial arts studio profits by 3-5%.
Add in the ability to integrate simply payroll systems; to notify employees of upcoming schedules and schedule changes by email or text message (and the resultant drop in late or absent employees); and the ability to focus your energies on the urgent duties facing a martial arts studio owner or manager on any given day, rather than mind-numbing scheduling minutia; and you’ll find that the time saved in the first week of using TimeForge pays for the investment.
With TimeForge, Martial Arts Studio owners and managers can:
- Build complex employee schedules-in minutes.
- Inform employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email-eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts.
- Easily schedule your most experienced employees (or those with particular skill sets) at your peak busy times.
- Stop early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls.
- Remotely check on employees that are clocked in – using the web, Facebook, or a cell phone.
- Provide remote access for employees to view work schedules, review timecards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
- Record staff member availability, employee time off requests, and other key information.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Manage and forecast labor costs to decrease costs and increase profit by 3-5%
TimeForge doesn’t just save time, it gives you the tools to easily fine-tune your labor management and save money. In fact, TimeForge can increase martial arts studio profits by 3-5%.
TimeForge is an essential (and easy-to-use) labor management software for studios, but if you are still not convinced, read what TimeForge users are saying here.