Marina managers have plenty on their plates: risk and liability assessment; fire- and emergency-response planning; environmental management; health and safety compliance; dealing with regulations and permitting; marketing, promotion, and pricing; financial management; and employee scheduling, attendance monitoring, and training…the list goes on and on, but the hours in a day do not.
To be successfully in a difficult economy, marina operators have make the time to plan strategically – without compromising the skillful execution of all of those duties.
It’s not easy.
Take, for example, scheduling and attendance monitoring for marina, harbor, and port employees. You have to juggle multiple shifts, part-time employees (each with their own unique scheduling requests), certifications or specific skill sets required on any given shift, PTO accrued, time off and shift swap requests, and labor laws.
All of this tedious minutia needs to coalesce into one efficient employee shift schedule that ensures you have the coverage you need – particularly in your marina’s peak times – without unnecessary labor costs.
But once completed, your work is not done. You have to communicate that schedule to all the employees, field endless inquiries about next week’s schedule (or worse, scramble to fill a missed shift), monitor attendance so that employees don’t punch in early or late or punch in buddies, monitor overtime and labor costs (both in real-time and forecasting), and deal with late or unexpected time off or shift swap requests (re-creating the schedule and communicating the re-worked schedule to all the employees, again).
It’s just one of many headaches a marina operator faces, but it’s an important one. Poor management of employee scheduling and attendance can be costly – not only in terms of hours wasted and employee morale, but in terms of the bottom line.
If you spend hours every week on marina employee scheduling and attendance, you’re not alone. But you are in luck. Timeforge allows marina and boat center operators to cut employee scheduling and attendance monitoring time from hours to minutes (literally).
The ability to manage schedules at one or many locations, schedule those with stronger skills or necessary certifications in the high volume time slots, and monitor and forecast your labor costs makes Timeforge not just a time-saver but a budget-booster. In fact, TimeForge can increase profits by 3-5%.
Add in the ability to integrate simply with POS or payroll systems, to notify employees of upcoming schedules and schedule changes by email or text message (reducing late or absent employees), and the ability to focus your energies on the urgent duties facing a marina manager on any given day (rather than mind-numbing scheduling minutia), you’ll probably find that the time saved first week alone pays for the investment.
With TimeForge, Marina Operators Can …
- Build employee schedules in seconds – no matter how complicated, or how many locations.
- Record staff member availability, employee time off requests, and other key information – as well as record sales and important occurrences during every shift that you can review onsite or remotely,
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Inform employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email – eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts.
- Stop early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls.
- Remotely check on employees that are clocked in – using the web, Facebook, or a cell phone.
- Provide remote access for employees to view work schedules, review timecards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
- Manage and forecast labor costs to decrease costs and increase profits.
- And much more…
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for marinas and boat houses, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. Use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your business requires.