Grocery management sometimes feels like juggling cats – there is a lot to do, only a few hours to do the necessary tasks, and a simple task, such as getting staff and vendors to cooperate, is tedious by itself. Labor management is only one aspect of your day, but it’s an important – and time consuming – one. Over-staff and you could lose a lot of money. Under-staff and your customers will go to another grocer.
TimeForge can cut the time spent doing routine but tedious tasks like building a grocery employee schedule or monitoring attendance at your grocery from hours to minutes. And TimeForge gives you the tools you need to painlessly do the less routine, but vitally important, tasks like fine-tuning your work force and monitoring and forecasting labor costs.
If you spend hours just creating an employee schedule, you’re not alone. It’s not easy. You have to take a huge number of factors into consideration – your employees’ specific availability, skill levels, accrued PTO, time off and shift swap requests, and the busy (and not so busy) times in that particular store.
Once the staff schedule is complete, you have to communicate the schedule to all your employees, redo it in the event of an unexpected illness or time-off requests – and find on-call employees to fill in for absent staff members. All affected staff members need to be reminded of the schedule changes, again. Small mistakes can result in missed shifts, unhappy employees (and increased turnover), or even labor fines.
With TimeForge you can …
- Build efficient employee schedules for one or more locations, in just a few minutes for each store.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers , such as ADP, SurePayroll, Paychex, Quickbooks, and others – with a single click.
- Notify employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email – eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts and reducing turnover.
- Record staff member availability, employee time-off requests, and other key information.
- Stop early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls.
- Remotely check on employees that are clocked in – using the web, Facebook, or a cell phone.
- Provide remote 24/7 access for employees to view work schedules, review timecards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
- And much more …
- Scheduling employees with the strongest skills during your busiest times.
- Receive notifications of potential labor shortages automatically.
- Monitoring your labor costs – in real time.
- Take advantage of nearly 3 dozen different reports to keep an eye on labor costs and scheduling trends.
- Using your existing staff more efficiently in order to avoid layoffs or unnecessary hiring.
- Trying out various “what-if” scenarios to visualize staffing or schedule changes-without losing your original schedule.
In fact, TimeForge can help you increase grocery store profits by 3-5%
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for the restaurant and hospitality industry, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. Use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your business requires.