Managing in a footwear retail environment can require an in-depth knowledge of consumer behavior, an up-to-the minute knowledge of fashion trends, merchandising brilliance, the peace-keeping skills of Ghandi, intelligent purchasing, and a watchdog-like attention to inventory control. And tedious hours in the backroom, building complex employee schedules, juggling multiple employees, their skill sets and availability, labor laws, meal breaks, PTO… and then doing it again when someone asks for unexpected time off or a shift swap.
Not to mention communicating the schedule (and any updates employee meetings or trainings and shift changes) to all the employees; monitoring employee attendance (not just scrambling to address the missed shift when someone says the didn’t get the schedule update, but the early clock ins or buddy time clock punching, as well); trying to stay abreast of daily sales or important in-store occurrences; and accurately forecasting future labor needs and costs.
Deft retail employee scheduling and attendance monitoring isn’t easy. But with the right tools, you can accomplish it in minutes and spend your time more productively in the front of the store – or even off-site.
Timeforge allows shoe retailers to cut employee scheduling and attendance monitoring time from hours to minutes (literally). In challenging economic times, the ability to manage schedules at one or many locations, schedule those with stronger skills in the high volume time slots, and monitor and forecast your labor costs makes Timeforge not just a time-saver but a money saver. In fact, TimeForge can increase retail profits by 3-5%.
Add in the ability to notify employees of upcoming schedules and schedule changes by email or text message (reducing late or absent employees), to integrate simply with POS or payroll systems, and the ability to focus your energies on the urgent, but more creative, duties facing a retail manager on any given day (rather than mind-numbing scheduling minutia), you’ll probably find that the time saved in the first week alone pays for the investment.
With TimeForge, Shoe Retailers Can …
- Create complicated, or simple, employee schedules in seconds.
- Notify employees of schedules, schedule change, meetings or training by text message or email – eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts
- Review daily sales information, approve shift swaps, review employee requests for time off, and monitor employees on the clock either on site or remotely, through the TimeForge website, via a Smartphone (such as a Blackberry or iPhone), and even through a Facebook account.
- Stop employees from clocking in before the shift starts or after the shift ends, or punching in friends.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Monitor labor costs in real-time, using TimeForge’s real time attendance monitoring system.
- Increase store profits by 3-5% with labor reductions and improved employee retention
- And much more…
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for the footwear and retail businesses, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. Use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your business requires.