Department stores are possibly the most complex retail management environments. Even in booming economic times, managing a department store is like juggling cats, but in a recession the pressure to improve department store operational efficiency is intense.
Labor management has never been more important! You are expected to create employee schedules that increase customer service and staff productivity, while simultaneously reducing overtime and unmanned posts. It’s a fine line, and it’s getting finer.
Over-staff and you lose money.
Under-staff and you lose customers.
You’re also expected to monitor attendance to keep a lid on labor costs and nip problems (like buddy punching or riding the time clock) in the bud.
Luckily, TimeForge can help you increase productivity, avoid unnecessary overtime and missed shifts-while taking into consideration the availability, accrued PTO, time off requests, training, and seniority of your employees-as well as the busy times in your store, or any one of the departments. You can monitor attendance, even if you are off-site.
And with TimeForge, you’ll do it all in minutes, not hours.
With TimeForge, you can do the essential, but routine tasks like:
- Creating efficient employee schedules for one or more locations-in minutes!
- Exporting payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Notifying employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email-eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts and reducing turnover.
- Recording staff member availability, employee time-off requests, and other key information.
- Stopping early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls.
- Remotely checking on employees that are clocked in-using the web, Facebook, or a cell phone.
- Providing remote 24/7 access for employees to view work schedules, review timecards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
In these times of tight cost-controls, department store managers need to do even more than manage day-to-day activities quickly and efficiently. In addition to saving hours on scheduling and attendance monitoring, with TimeForge you can cut costs by:
- Scheduling employees with the strongest skills during your busiest times.
- Scheduling employees who are cross trained in multiple departments to work when overall floor coverage is light.
- Getting notifications of potential labor shortages automatically.
- Monitoring your labor costs-in real time.
- Taking advantage of nearly 3 dozen different reports to keep an eye on labor costs and scheduling trends.
- Using your existing staff more efficiently in order to avoid layoffs or unnecessary hiring.
- Trying out various “what-if” scenarios to visualize staffing or schedule changes-without losing your original schedule.
- In fact, TimeForge can help you increase department store profits by 3-5%!
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for department stores, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. You can use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your business requires.
If you’re still not convinced, read what other TimeForge users say about the time and money they’ve saved with this easy to use staff scheduling software… or sign up today for your free trial and experience TimeForge for yourself!