This is one of the most difficult retail environments in recent memory for children’s product retailers. Still, history has shown that retailers who survive-and thrive-through recessions are those who take the downturn as an opportunity to make changes; to streamline and refine operations.
Because seemingly small changes have big impact.
Here’s an example: retail employee scheduling. How much time do you spend creating a schedule? If you said “hours” you’re not alone. Retail employee scheduling is challenging-multiple shifts, part-time employees (each with their own unique scheduling requests), labor laws, and fielding endless inquiries about next week’s schedule (or worse, scrambling to fill a missed shift), make children’s retail shift scheduling a real headache.
Babysitting the time clock to ensure your employees aren’t riding the clock or punching each other in isn’t much fun either, but successful managers know that attendance monitoring can go a long way towards cutting and forecasting labor costs.
Over-scheduling could drain away your profits. Under-scheduling could drain away your customers. Skillful retail employee scheduling and attendance monitoring isn’t easy. It can be tedious and time consuming. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be.
Timeforge allows children’s retail managers to cut employee scheduling and attendance monitoring time from hours to minutes.
And in challenging economic times, the ability to manage schedules at one or many locations, schedule those with stronger skills in the high volume time slots, and monitor and forecast your labor costs makes Timeforge not just a time-saver but a budget-booster. In fact, TimeForge can increase retail profits by 3-5%.
Add in the ability to integrate simply with POS or payroll systems, to notify employees of upcoming schedules and schedule changes by email or text message (and the resultant drop in late or absent employees), and the ability to focus your energies on the urgent duties facing a retail manager on any given day (rather than mind-numbing scheduling minutia), you’ll probably find that the time saved first week alone pays for the investment.
With TimeForge, Children’s Product Retail Managers Can …
- Create fast and painless employee schedules.
- Inform employees of schedules, schedule change, meetings or training by text message or email-eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts.
- Review daily sales information, important things that happened during the day, approve shift swaps, review employee requests for time off, and monitor employees on the clock either on site or remotely, through the TimeForge website, via a Smartphone (such as a Blackberry or iPhone), and even through a Facebook account.
- Stop employees from clocking in before the shift starts or after the shift ends or punching in friends.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Monitor and forecast labor costs.
- Increase profits by 3-5%.
- And much more…
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for childrens retailers, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. Use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your business requires.