Staffing costs are usually the largest expenses associated with running a childcare center. It makes good financial sense that a daycare center director needs to have a solid grasp on how the staff is scheduled, yet employee scheduling often gets short shrift.
It’s easy to see why scheduling gets the back seat. Employee scheduling can be tedious and time-consuming. You have to juggle your employees’ specific availabilities, skill levels, accrued PTO, time off or shift swap requests, meal breaks, shift overlaps to relay information, planning or training breaks, and your busiest times. Then, you have to communicate the schedule to all of your employees, redo it in the event of an unexpected illness or time-off request, find someone to fill in for the absent employee, and communicate the changes to all the employees again! Who has time to also monitor attendance, forecast labor costs (or keep an eye on them in real time) and do “what-if” scheduling calculations?
With TimeForge, you have time.
TimeForge can cut the time spent doing routine but tedious tasks, like building a staffing schedule or monitoring attendance from hours to minutes. Literally.
TimeForge gives you the tools you need to painlessly do the vitally important tasks like fine-tuning your schedule and forecasting labor costs.
With TimeForge, you can:
- Build efficient employee schedules for one or more locations – in just minutes.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Notify employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email; eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts and reducing turnover.
- Record staff member availability, employee time-off requests, and other key information.
- Stop early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls.
- Remotely check on employees that are clocked in-using the web, Facebook, or a cell phone.
- Provide remote 24/7 access for employees to view work schedules, review timecards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
Your staff will love TimeForge. No more missed shifts or staying late to cover for a tardy or missing co-worker. No more scheduling confusion or trying to arrange a shift swap while on duty.
During tough times, center directors need to do even more than avoid turnover and manage day-to-day activities quickly and efficiently. In addition to saving hours on scheduling and attendance monitoring, TimeForge can cut your costs by:
- Scheduling your most experienced employees during your busiest times.
- Getting notifications of potential labor shortages automatically.
- Monitoring your labor costs-in real time.
- Taking advantage of nearly 3 dozen different reports to keep an eye on labor costs and scheduling trends.
- Using your existing staff more efficiently in order to avoid layoffs or unnecessary hiring.
- Trying out various “what-if” scenarios to visualize staffing or schedule changes-without losing your original schedule.
In fact, TimeForge can help you increase day care center profits by 3-5%.
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for childcare centers, providing one-click seamless access to daycare staff scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. You can choose to use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your care business requires.
If you’re still not convinced, read what other TimeForge users say about the time and money they’ve saved with this easy to use staff scheduling software… or sign up today for your free trial and experience TimeForge for yourself!