Increasing competition for new customers and a dismal retail economy have cell phone retailers scrambling to find ways to streamline their processes and to rein in costs. The biggest expense (and time drain) for many cell phone retailers is their employees. Hiring and training is just part of it. Consider how much time you spend creating a weekly employee schedule.
If your answer is in “hours”, you are not alone.
Retail employee scheduling is challenging – multiple shifts, part-time employees (each with their own unique scheduling requests), labor laws, and endless inquiries about next week’s schedule (or worse, a missed shift), make retail shift scheduling a real headache.
Babysitting the time clock to ensure your employees aren’t riding the clock or punching each other in isn’t much fun either, but successful managers know that attendance monitoring can go a long way towards cutting and forecasting labor costs.
Over-staffing will drain away your profits.
Under-staffing will drain away your customers.
Deft retail employee scheduling and attendance monitoring isn’t easy. It can be tedious and time consuming.
This is where small changes have a big impact.
TimeForge allows cell phone retail managers to cut employee scheduling and attendance monitoring time from hours to minutes (literally).
In challenging economic times, the ability to manage schedules at one or many locations, schedule those with stronger skills in the high volume time slots, and monitor and forecast your labor costs makes TimeForge not just a time-saver, but a budget-booster. In fact, TimeForge can increase retail profits by 3-5%.
Add in the ability to integrate simply with POS or payroll systems, to notify employees of upcoming schedules and schedule changes by email or text message (and the resultant drop in late or absent employees), and the ability to focus your energies on the urgent duties facing a retail manager on any given day (rather than mind-numbing scheduling minutia), you’ll probably find that the time saved in the first week alone pays for the investment.
With TimeForge, you’ll be able to:
- Build employee schedules in minutes-no matter how complex.
- Inform employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email-eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts.
- Remotely check on employees that are clocked in – using the web, Facebook, or a smart phone.
- Record staff member availability, employee time off requests, and other key information.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Stop early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls.
- Provide remote, 24/7 access for employees to view work schedules, review timecards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
- Manage and forecast labor costs and staffing needs to decrease costs and increase profits-by 3-5%!
If you are still not convinced, read what TimeForge users are saying about the software. Or sign up for a free 10-day trial today to discover for yourself how powerful and easy to use this labor management software really is.