Labor management is usually the largest single cost for both conveyor and self-service car wash operators. In a recession, efficient car wash employee scheduling and attendance monitoring can spell the difference between survival and success.
Unfortunately, as any experienced car wash operator knows, employee scheduling and attendance monitoring is not as easy as it looks. You’ve got to juggle employees with varying skill sets and availabilities, manage PTO accrual and time off requests, communicate a frequently changing schedule to employees that are rarely onsite at the same time, and field dozens of schedule questions or shift swap requests. You’ve got to stop employees from riding the clock or punching others in. You may even have to keep an eye on the hours of employees who are minors to avoid labor law violations, or shuffle shifts to be sure that every shift has an English speaker or an employee with particular training on hand.
And to be really successful in the car wash and detailing industry, you also have to balance your employees and your load level scheduling-having the staff in place to handle the vehicles quickly during busy periods, but to not be overstaffed in slow times-and to effectively manage and anticipate labor costs.
It’s complex, it’s time consuming, and frankly, it’s a little tedious.
TimeForge allows operators to cut car wash scheduling and attendance monitoring time from hours to minutes. You can manage schedules at one or many locations, schedule to put those with particular skills or the most experience in the high volume time slots, notify employees of upcoming schedules and schedule changes by email or text message, monitor attendance from a remote location, and forecast your labor costs.
The hours you save with TimeForge will streamline your management time, freeing you to focus on the strategic decisions of running a successful car wash/detailing operation, rather than phone calls from disgruntled employees who didn’t realize their schedule had changed. The fine-tuning you can do with employee scheduling, the reduction in missed or late shifts, the decrease in unnecessary overtime, and the ability to forecast labor needs and costs will save you money. In fact, TimeForge can increase car wash profits by 3-5%.
With TimeForge Car Wash Software, You’ll Be Able To …
- Build employee schedules in seconds.
- Record staff member availability, employee time off requests, and other key information
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Inform employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email-eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts.
- Stop early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls
Remotely check on employees that are clocked in – using the web, Facebook, or a cell phone.
- Provide remote access for employees to view work schedules, review time cards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
- Manage and forecast labor costs to decrease costs and increase profits
- And much more…
TimeForge car wash scheduling software is a complete labor management solution for car washes, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. Use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your business requires.