Especially in difficult economic times, careful labor management can spell the difference between mere survival and success in the delicatessen business.
Scheduling can be tough. Over-staff and you lose money. Under-staff and you lose customers.
Even small mistakes in an employee schedule could result in lost customers, high turnover, or Department of Labor fines.
Luckily, TimeForge can help prevent mistakes. Better yet, it can cut the time spent building a deli employee schedule or monitoring attendance from hours to minutes.
Deli managers can spend hours just building an efficient employee schedule. It’s not easy. You have to take a huge number of factors into consideration: multiple shifts, your employees specific availability, skill levels, accrued PTO, time off or shift swap requests, various labor laws, and the busy (and not so busy) times in your deli.
Then you have to communicate the schedule to all your employees, redo it in the event of an unexpected illness or time-off requests, and make calls to find someone to fill in for the absent employee. Then, you have to communicate the changes to all the employees. It’s tedious, it’s time consuming, and it’s absolutely essential.
With TimeForge, you can:
- Build efficient employee schedules for one or more locations in minutes.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers with a single click.
- Notify employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts and reducing turnover.
- Record staff member availability, employee time-off requests, and other key information.
- Stop early clock ins and late clock outs or buddy punching to provide immediate labor cost controls.
- Remotely check on employees that are clocked in using the web, Facebook, or a cell phone.
- Provide remote 24/7 access for employees to view work schedules, review time cards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
But in these times of tight cost-controls, deli managers need to do even more than manage day-to-day activities quickly and efficiently. In addition to saving hours on scheduling and attendance monitoring, with TimeForge you can cut costs by:
- Scheduling employees with the strongest skills during your busiest times.
- Getting notifications of potential labor shortages automatically.
- Monitoring your labor costs in real time.
- Taking advantage of nearly 3 dozen different reports to keep an eye on labor costs and scheduling trends.
- Using your existing staff more efficiently in order to avoid layoffs or unnecessary hiring.
- Trying out various “what-if” scenarios to visualize staffing or schedule changes without losing your original schedule.
In fact, TimeForge can help you increase deli profits by 3-5%.
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for delis, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. You can use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your deli requires.
TimeForge is an essential (and easy-to-use) labor management software for delicatessens, but if you are still not convinced, read what TimeForge users are saying here.