Scheduling catering staff is usually very tricky. One event may require 100 employees, while the next catering event needs only 4 staff members. Your schedule is erratic and often unpredictable. And your employees availability is even more erratic and unpredictable. You need TimeForge – now.
Some of the factors that make employee scheduling for a catering business complex include:
- Juggling your changing needs,
- The needs of full-time and part-time employees (each with their own set of scheduling requests),
- The skill sets necessary for any given event,
- Who is needed for set-up or clean-up – and when they are needed,
- Communicating the schedule (and all changes to the schedule) to all staff members,
- Responding to time off or shift swap requests and seemingly endless inquiries about next weeks schedule (or worse, scrambling to fill a missed shift),
If this process takes you hours, you are not alone. Staffing your business is not something to rush. On average, business owners in the hospitality and food-service industry can take between 45 minutes and 4 and a half hours to get the schedule completed every week.
Mistakes can cause employee confusion (and missed shifts) and morale problems or even labor law fines. Under-staff and you could lose customers. Over-staff and you will lose money.
Successfully scheduling employees at a catering business is tedious, and monitoring time and attendance is also time-consuming. And essential.
Luckily, there is a tool that allows you to cut your employee scheduling from hours to minutes.
TimeForge allows you to create an employee schedule quickly and painlessly. You can test various “what-if” scenarios without losing your original schedule. You can schedule those with stronger skills in the high volume time slots, integrate seamlessly with your payroll or POS system, and record tips and mileage.
You can communicate the schedule to your employees by email or text, and TimeForge provides a 24/7 employee portal where staff members can review the schedule, check timecards, request time off, change work availability, swap shifts with other employees, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages – no more missed shifts or late employee due to schedule confusion.
You can also log into the system remotely to review shift swap requests, get updates on important information that occurred at any event or back at home base, and monitor employees who are punched in.
All this, and the ability and monitor and forecast your labor needs and costs makes TimeForge not just a time-saver but a budget-booster. In fact, TimeForge can increase catering business profits by 3-5%.
Some of TimeForge’s Benefits For Catering Businesses Include…
- Create complex employee schedules in minutes.
- Export payroll to many popular payroll providers such as Quickbooks, ADP, SurePayroll, Paychex, CompuPay, and others with a single click.
- Inform employees of schedules or schedule changes by text message or email eliminating employee confusion and missed shifts.
- Approve shift swaps, review employee requests for time off, review important daily occurrences, and monitor employees on the clock either on site or remotely, through the TimeForge website, via a Smartphone (such as a Blackberry or iPhone), and with Facebook.
- Provide remote access for employees to view work schedules, review time cards, request time off, change availability, swap shifts with other staff members, and receive daily schedule alerts via email or text messages.
- Stop employees from clocking in before the shift starts or after the shift ends or clocking in friends (buddy punching) to immediately reduce labor costs.
- Manage and forecast labor costs to decrease costs and increase profits –by 3-5%.
- And much more…
TimeForge is a complete labor management solution for the restaurant and hospitality industry, providing one-click seamless access to employee scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll reports. Use the whole TimeForge product suite, or only the parts that your business requires.