In many businesses, keeping track of the daily notes, task lists, todo items, and sticky notes can become cumbersome quickly. Scheduling upcoming maintenance events, human resource tasks, management meetings, and other necessary items across multiple shifts – where the manager that create the event may not be the manager responsible for the event – can quickly become a nightmare. Communication among staff and the management team is a requirement for every business, in any industry. And, as your business grows, keeping up with the pile of paperwork and small notes can quickly become a nightmare.
Some businesses tackle the tornado of paper and notes with supplies from the local office supply store – notebooks, lab notebooks, 3-ring binders, and other similar products. While these products are very inexpensive, the disadvantages are obvious:
- Paper products will tear with any mild abuse.
- Writing can be smudged or rendered unreadable with a single drink spill, or wet hands.
- Staff using ink pens can scratch out each others notes, making notes indecipherable.
- Handwriting from management and staff in a hurry can be unreadable weeks or months after the note is made.
- Light weight notebooks can easily be lost in a back office.
- Searching dozens of paper notebooks for historical notes is impossible.
- Organizing paper books into categories on a day-by-day basis is cumbersome at best.
- Multi-unit (multiple location) operators have no insight into the day-to-day operations of each location without faxing and scanning pages to each other.
In most cases, the paper log book is simply insufficient for modern businesses. Many niche businesses provide organized paper equivalents of the 3-ring binder or lab notebook, like Red Book Solutions. While these product are superior to paper notebooks from your local office supply store, almost of the disadvantages of the paper process remain. In addition, the log books are organized in a format that might not work for your business.
The TimeForge Daily Log, however, does not suffer from any of these disadvantages. The TimeForge Daily Log is a superior digital log book, designed to work the way that your business works. Some of the advantages of the TimeForge Daily Log include:
- You always know where it is. Simply log into your TimeForge account with a web browser, or mobile phone. Never lost, always accessible, and always on!
- Notes are never smudged, because they are entered into the computer. No need to remember acronyms, abbreviations, or interpret sloppy handwriting!
- Staff and management notes cannot be removed … they can be deleted (removed from searching), but they are always available. Never lose another note!
- Every note is tagged with the staff member who entered it, and the date and time that the entry was made. No more finger pointing over late or misplaced notes!
- Organize the way your business works, with your own categories. Use your own organization system to track any note or reminder you need!
- Built in searching capabilities allow you to quickly and easily search notes. Search instantly for notes by staff member, date, category, or across multiple locations!
- Keep notes organized across multiple stores, without the need to fax or scan pages from your notebook. Instant accessibility to one or more locations!
- Divide notes into what staff should see (the Staff Log) and what management needs to view (the Manager Log). Easily send broadcast notes to staff, and ensure that manager notes are only viewed by managers!
Use the TimeForge Daily Log to keep your business organized!