The Today Page is a powerful labor management dashboard that is available in all TimeForge accounts.
Information about the employee work schedule, labor costs, and upcoming necessary management actions are all available on the Today Page.
Labor Management Dashboard – The Top of the Today Page
The top of the Today Page shows the weather for today and tomorrow, as well as important information from TimeForge.
Labor Management Dashboard – The Upcoming Week
The majority of the Today Page is occupied by the labor management dashboard, as seen above. This dashboard changes in real time to display shift confirmations, open shifts, shift swap requests, scheduled labor costs, actual labor costs, and other helpful information.
Labor Management Dashboard – Each Day (First 6 Rows)
Each day of the labor management dashboard is broken down into several rows.
1. The first row of data shows how many employees are scheduled for the day (unique shifts). Click on this link to get a bar chart showing the day’s schedule.
2. The second row of data shows any unconfirmed shifts from your staff members, providing you with an idea of how many employees have confirmed receipt of their schedule through TimeForge. Clicking on this link will allow you to further examine which shifts have been confirmed, or have not been confirmed.
3. The third row of data displays how many Pending Shift Swaps need to be approved for that particular day. Clicking on this link will take you to a screen to approve or deny the pending shift swaps.
4. The fourth row of data displays how many Open Shifts occur on that day. An Open Shift is a shift that has been Given Up, but not yet Picked Up. Clicking on this link will take you to a page displaying more detail about the Open Shifts, as well as any Pending Shift Swaps.
5. The fifth row of data displays the number of Pending Bid Shifts that need to be approved. A bid shift is similar to a shift swap, however, multiple staff members can bid on the shift and management can then choose the best of the employees to work the shift.
6. The sixth row of data displays today’s schedule in a bar chart format, and is somewhat similar to the first row.
Labor Management Dashboard – Each Day (Last 7 Rows)
1. The seventh row of data will provide the day’s schedule in a Horizontal or Vertical format, allowing you to print the schedule and place it your pocket.
2. The eighth row of data will allow you to quickly see how many staff members are clocked in, and clicking on the link will send you to the “Clocked In” Employees page.
3. The ninth row of data displays the number of Daily Log entries for the day, and clicking on this link will take you to the Daily Log.
4. The tenth row of data displays the day’s scheduled labor costs, if any labor costs have been entered for staff members.
5. The eleventh row of data displays the actual cost of employee’s whom have clocked in and out for the day, and is the total of your day’s labor.
6. The twelfth row of data displays the difference between the scheduled labor costs, and the actual attendance cost. If the number is in green, the actual labor costs for the day are less than what was scheduled (good job!), if they are in red, then the labor costs are higher than what was scheduled.
7. The last row of data displays the rolling labor cost for the day, and resets based on when your schedule starts. You can use this number to keep track of your labor costs for the week.
Labor Management Dashboard – The Bottom of the Today Page
At the bottom of the Today Page is a list of employee mailboxes that seem to be bouncing, or are incorrectly entered in the software. These staff members may not be getting messages about the schedule.