Creating requests and changing availability is easy with TimeForge!
Staff requests are immediately sent to management for manager approval, and you will receive notifications through TimeForge and email when your request is approved or denied.
View the Request Calendar.
The Request Calendar shows the current week, and any requests or availability that has been set for the current week. You can navigate around this page by clicking on the “Previous Week” or “Next Week” buttons. Alternatively, you can choose a date from the calendar, and jump directly to the work date.
To create a request or update your availability, click on the date links, or click and drag your mouse on the date and times you are interested in requesting off.
Fill out the Create New Preference Pop-Up.
After clicking on a date on the Calendar, the above pop-up will be displayed.
1. Choose the appropriate request (Wants to work, Available to work, Does not want to work, or Unavailable to work).
2. Enter a reason for management to review, and if necessary.
3. The Happens selection can be modified so that the request can happen:
– One time: The request occurs only once on the start date
– Daily: The request occurs every day between a start date and end date
– Every weekday (Mon – Fri): The request happens on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday’s in between the start date and the end date
– Every weekend (Sat – Sun): The request happens on Saturday’s and Sunday’s in between the start date and the end date
– Every Mon, Wed, and Fri: The request occurs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s in between the start date and the end date
– Every Tue and Thurs: The request occurs on Tuesday and Thursday’s in between the start date and the end date
– Weekly: You can pick which days of the week the request occurs on
– Monthly: The request can occur either monthly or based on the day of the month.
TimeForge will also allow you to make a request for specific parts of the day. You can enter your own time range (as depicted above).
Click “Next” to continue.
Requests may be denied if made too early.
Managers can require that all requests and availability changes be made several days in advance, to ensure that their labor schedule is not disrupted carelessly. In this example above, requests must be made at least 7 days in advance, and TimeForge will not allow you to continue.
Note: If you have an emergency request, please speak directly with your manager, or send them a message using TimeForge.