TimeForge gives you the power to easily set up PTO rules and enforce them in the best way that works for you. For example, if you don’t want an employee to be able to use PTO for the first 6 months of employment, or if you only want full-time employees to accrue it, you can make these specifications and TimeForge will enforce them. Setting up PTO is just like setting up any leave type, quick, easy, and customizable.
Switch to Corporation Settings.
- Log in
- Click on the “Corporation Settings” link in the top right corner of your TimeForge account.
Add or edit a Leave Type.
On the Leave Types List, you can choose to add a new leave type, or edit an existing leave type.
Note: You can also delete Leave Types, if more than on type is present in your account.
Set up the Leave Type.
1) Prior to saving your PTO specifications, you will need to enter a mandatory description.
2) Selecting this box will cause staff to not be able to see the PTO when entering their attendance requests.
3) Checking the “I want to calculate Sick / Vacation / PTO time for this Leave Type” will bring up a series of options for customizing Accrual Periods and available hours that can be accrued during that period. If you wish to have a Leave Type that does not accrue hours, simply un-check the box.
4) Enter the number of months an employee must be working before accruing PTO.
5) Enter the number of months an employee must be working before using PTO.
6) Check this box if employees cannot use more PTO than has been accrued.
Adding Eligible Employees
Before you save your PTO specifications, you must also designate any and all employees that are eligible to utilize PTO by checking the box next to their names. You will also follow the same procedure on the “Approval Managers” tab to designate the Managers that are eligible to approve an employees PTO request.
Click “Save” when you are finished.
Choose which managers can approve this leave type
Choose which managers are able to approve this leave type. You have three options:
1. The manager can approve their own leave as well as other employees/managers for this leave type
2. The manager can only approve this leave type for other employees/managers
3. The manager cannot approve this leave type for any employees/managers.
Click “Save” when you’re finished.
Employee Request Portal
Above, depicts an example of an employee’s account when requesting a PTO.
Note: If an employee is not added to the PTO, they will not see this option.
Also, a manager can manually enter an employee’s PTO by navigating to the Employee’s Information page and clicking on their “Availability” tab.