With TimeForge, creating leave types and enforcing them is quick and easy! Leave types are just one way TimeForge helps you with employee attendance tracking, and they can be set up so that they work in the best way to meet your needs.
You could set up things like PTO, sick leave, vacation time, or any other type of absence you need, and have them enforced based on your specifications. For example, if you don’t want employees to be able to use PTO for the first 6 months of employment, you only want full-time employees to receive vacation time, or you want to set a cap on the amount of a certain leave type pay that can be accrued, you can easily set up those specifications, and TimeForge will help you enforce them.
Switch to Corporation Settings.
- Log in
- Click on the “Corporation Settings” link in the top right corner of your TimeForge account.
Add or edit Leave Types.
On the Leave Types List, you can choose to add a new leave type or edit an existing leave type.
Note: You can also delete Leave Types if more than one type is present in your account.
Set up the Leave Type.
1. Prior to saving your absence type, you will need to enter a mandatory description.
2. Hiding a Leave Type from employees will cause staff to not be able to see the Leave Type when entering their attendance requests.
3. Checking the “I want to calculate Sick / Vacation / PTO time for this Leave Type” will bring up a series of options for customizing Accrual Periods and available hours that can be accrued during that period. If you wish to have a Leave Type that does not accrue hours, simply un-check the box.
4. Enter the number of months an employee must be working before accruing that absence type.
5. Enter the number of months an employee must be working before using that leave type.
6. Check this box if employees cannot use more of that absence type than has been accrued.
Add any Eligible Employees.
Before you save any Leave Type, you must also designate any and all employees that are eligible to utilize that Leave Type by checking the box next to their names. You will also follow the same procedure on the “Approval Managers” tab to designate the Managers that are eligible to approve an employees Leave Type request.
Click “Save” when you are finished.
Employee Request Page
Above, depicts an example of an employee’s account when requesting a Leave Type.
Note: If an employee is not added to the Leave Type they will not see this option.
Also, a manager can manually enter an employee’s Leave Type by navigating to the Employee’s Information page and clicking on their “Availability” tab.