TimeForge is the most powerful labor management solution on the market. In addition to the ability to make an employee schedule in no time, track employee attendance with minimal effort, and forecast sales based on previous data, TimeForge allows both managers and employees the ability to request days off and assign availability to days.
With TimeForge, managers and supervisors can quickly and easily approve or deny availability requests. Additionally, managers are able to make requests and designate availability for employees. This can enable a manager to schedule an employee off for several days at once.
Go to the “Availability & Requests” page.
- Log in
- Hover over the “Employees” page
- Click “Availability & Requests
Choose the employee and the days.
The Request Calendar shows the current week, and any requests or availability that has been set for the current week. You can navigate around this page by clicking on the “Previous Week” or “Next Week” buttons. Alternatively, you can choose a date from the calendar, and jump directly to the work date. Also, you can select which employee you are editing availability for.
To create a request or update availability, click on the date links, or click and drag your mouse on the date and times you are interested in setting as off.
Fill out the Create New Preference Pop-Up.
After clicking on a date on the Calendar, the above pop-up will be displayed.
1. Choose the appropriate request (Wants to work, Available to work, Does not want to work, or Unavailable to work).
2. Enter a reason for management to review, and if necessary.
3. The Happens selection can be modified so that the request can happen:
- One time: The request occurs only once on the start date
- Daily: The request occurs every day between a start date and end date
- Every weekday (Mon – Fri): The request happens on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday’s in between the start date and the end date
- Every weekend (Sat – Sun): The request happens on Saturday’s and Sunday’s in between the start date and the end date
- Every Mon, Wed, and Fri: The request occurs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s in between the start date and the end date
- Every Tue and Thurs: The request occurs on Tuesday and Thursday’s in between the start date and the end date
- Weekly: You can pick which days of the week the request occurs on
- Monthly: The request can occur either monthly or based on the day of the month.
TimeForge will also allow you to make a request for specific parts of the day. You can enter your own time range (as depicted above).
The above picture shows how you can schedule an employee off for several days in a row.
Click “Next” to continue.