TimeForge Scheduling can do so much more than just quickly create an employee schedule. One awesome feature of Scheduling is the ability to schedule an event, which can be utilized in a variety of manners. For example, events may be scheduled if a large party orders catering services form a restaurant. Perhaps, there is a company social that you would like to put on the schedule. In some cases, companies that go to their customers instead of having their customers come to them may use the “Events” feature to track where their employees are going. Events work much like regular schedules and shifts, and a comprehensive list of scheduled events can easily be viewed.
The process to schedule an event is painless, so let’s get started.
View, Edit, or Add an event.
After navigating to the “Events” page, you will be looking at a comprehensive list of your scheduled events. Now, you can either:
1. Edit an existing event
2. Add a new event.
Input the event information.
To schedule an event, the only field required to be filled out is the start date (5). All other fields are optional.
1. Choose a name to appear on the schedule for the event.
2. Check the box titled “Active” if the event is upcoming. “Non-active” events have already taken place.
3. Schedules are made by department, so choose the departments for which you would like the event to be scheduled.
4. Enter a description of the event being scheduled.
5. Enter a mandatory start date so the event can be scheduled. If desired, enter an end date as well.
If desired, either
6. Enter a start and end time for the event to be scheduled
7. Enter the duration of the event being scheduled. This should be a whole number (So if the event is 5 hours long, just put “5″).
8. Enter the size of the event (i.e. the number of people attending).
9. Provide an external link for an event associated with a website.
Select required certifications.
A list of certifications that have been set up in your account will appear on the “Event Information” page. Check the boxes next to the certifications required for any positions that might work at the event.
Click “Save” when you’re done.
Optional event sales.
If you’re using TimeForge Sales and you already have your sales categories set, you can add them to your event and track how you’re doing. This feature will help you make sure your labor cost for each event is at a minimum.
Click “Save” when you’re finished adding sales categories.