Sometimes, typing sales information into each day or hour of your week can be a tedious process. TimeForge includes a CSV importer to make bulk data entry much easier. Follow these steps to import your sales with a CSV file:
If using Departments, specify which departments can have data imported.
- Log in
- Hover over “Set Up”
- Select “Departments”
- Click “Edit” next to the appropriate Department
- Check the “Yes, I want to import sales for this Department” box
- Click “Save”
Follow the instructions in the pop-up window.
- Make sure your CSV file is formatted properly (see Notes).
- Browse the documents on your computer and select the appropriate file.
- Decide whether you want your sales numbers to be imported as Manager Projections or Actual Figures.
- Click “Continue”.
Notes: You cannot currently import data on top of data that already exists.
Make sure that your number formatting for the Amount column doesn’t include commas (for example, “1234″ instead of “1,234″).
If you are importing data for the whole day, set the start and end times to be the open and close times.
If you are using departments, make sure the names in the CSV match names in TimeForge exactly.