TimeForge allows for “Manager Projections” to be entered for each Sales Category. These projections are useful because they allow management to compare their typical or expected sales numbers to the actual figures that are imported or pulled from a POS. TimeForge can help make Manager Projections more accurate by allowing managers to specify what percentage of the total sales number should be allocated to which departments.
Project sales at the department level, and allocate daily percentages.
- When you set up the Sales Category that you want to enter Manager Projections for, make sure the Projection Level is set to “Department”.
- Hover over “Sales”, select “Sales Categories”, and click “Edit” next to the appropriate Sales Category at each location to allocate daily percentages of the total weekly sales projections.
Edit the appropriate departments.
Click the “Edit” link next to each department that you would like a percentage of your total sales projections to go to.
Allocate the percentage of sales that should go to each department.
The last option under the “Configuration” tab says “What is the allocated sales percentage for this department?” Enter the appropriate number.
Note: The percentages allocated across departments MUST equal 100%.
Choose the Sales Category, department(s), and date that you want to project sales for.
- Make sure you select the appropriate Sales Category (one that has department-level projection set up).
- Choose a specific department, or select “All Departments”.
- Enter a date that is during the week you’re projecting sales for.
“View Department Sales Percentages”.
- Click the “View Department Sales Percentages” link.
- Verify that the percentages have been properly allocated to departments.
Note: The link will read “Warning. Your department sales may not be set properly” if your percentages do not equal 100%.
Enter your projection.
Enter the total sales you’re projecting for the week, and click “Calculate Weekly”.
Verify daily percentages.
When you click “Calculate Weekly”, a window will appear to remind you what the daily percentages are for the Sales Category you’ve selected. If everything looks good, click “OK”.