TimeForge is an extensive and powerful attendance tracking, employee scheduling, and labor management package, and you can begin to see some of TimeForge’s power by clicking on the Attendance tab. Many, but not all, of the time card punches and employee attendance capabilities occur within the Attendance tab.
With TimeForge, you can add or edit attendance by date or employee, approve payroll for pay periods, export time punches to a third-party payroll company, and run numerous reports to review employee attendance.
TimeForge has a number of additional time card capabilities, including the ability to enforce your schedule and stop employees from riding the clock.
Navigate to the “attendance options” page.
- Log in
- Hover over the “Attendance” page.
- Click on “Attendance Options”
Edit the time and attendance setting options.
TimeForge includes a number of settings on the “Attendance Options” page. These four options include the ability to restrict how staff members clock-in and clock-out based on the schedule.
By default, staff members can clock-in and out at any time. However, by setting the above options [1 - 4], you can make sure that employees clock in or clock out within a certain grace period. An attempt to clock in or out, outside of the grace periods, will require a manager to allow the employee to clock in or clock out.
1. To enforce clock-in times, make sure to change this value to “No”, from the default of “Yes”.
2. Set a grace period for early clock-in’s, based on the schedule. For example, setting this to 10 will allow a 10 minute early grace period, which keeps the employee from riding the clock at the beginning of their shift. If a staff member is scheduled to begin work at 10:00am, a 10 minute grace period will allow the employee to clock in at 9:50am.
3. To enforce clock-out times, make sure to change this value to “No”, from the default of “Yes”.
4. Set a grace period for late clock-out’s, based on the schedule. For example, setting this to 10 will allow a 10 minute late grace period, which keeps an employee from riding the clock when their schedule is over. If a staff member is scheduled to end work at 3:00pm, a 10 minute grace period will allow the employee to clock out at 3:10pm.
Employee clock in and clock out is enforced.
With schedule enforcement enabled, and grace periods set up, employees who are too early to clock in, or too late to clock out, are presented with the above screen.
So that the staff member can’t ride the clock, a manager will need to enter their username and password, or use their fingerprint, if you are using the TimeForge Fingerprint scanner.