TimeForge is a powerful labor management solution for your business. With TimeForge, traditionally tedious tasks like creating an employee schedule and tracking attendance is made simple. We also understand that most employees in a business need arrive at work on time – too early will cause payroll problems, and too late will cause customer service disruptions. Here are four scenarios that would create problems for your business:
1. Arriving before the scheduled in time will reduce business profits because staff members will arrive at work before they are needed.
2. Arriving after the scheduled in time causes customer service problems because staff will not be available to service the customer’s needs.
3. Leaving before the scheduled out time can cause similar problems as clocking in late. Customers may not be serviced properly, and other staff may be overworked.
4. Leaving after the scheduled out time will increase payroll costs for the business, which decreases profits.
TimeForge provides the ability to enforce your labor schedule, ensuring that staff show up on time, and that management knows of time entries that affect payroll costs and the bottom line. Enforcing the schedule could reduce your labor costs by 2 – 4% with the click of a button!
Go to the “Attendance Options” page.
- Log in
- Hover over the “Attendance” tab
- Click “Attendance Options”
Set up grace periods for clock in and clock out times.
To require that staff members clock in and out with a grace period, based on their scheduled shift, configure the following options:
Please check your local labor regulations to see which ones are applicable (and legal) for your business.
For clocking in:
1. Switch this option from to No, which will require employees to clock in at a predefined time.
2. Enter an appropriate grace period in minutes. For example, the above configuration will allow employees to clock in no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of their shift.
Staff members who clock in too early will need a manager to approve their clock in.
For clocking out:
3. Switch this option to No, which will require employees to clock out at a predefined time.
4. Enter an appropriate grace period in minutes. For example, the above configuration will allow employees to clock out no later than 20 minutes after the end of their shift.
Staff members who clock out too late will need a manager to approve their clock out.