TimeForge can integrate with several Point of Sale systems, including Aloha by Radiant Systems. Aloha is a great Point of Sale system, with dealers all over the world.
TimeForge integration with Aloha involves installing the TimeForge Aloha Bridge software on a computer system with access to the Aloha installation directory.
The software will read and write to your Aloha system as necessary, and can keep employees, positions / job codes, sales, and time punches synchronized between the two systems. Additionally, you can use the TimeForge Fingerprint scanner with Aloha POS to allow biometric clock-in’s and clock-out’s.
Choose a Directory to Install the Software
Choose a directory to install the TimeForge Aloha Bridge. The default is usually fine.
Enter Your Web Service Username and Password
1. If you already have a TimeForge account, enter your Web Service Username and Password to connect with TimeForge.
A web service username and password is not the same as your TimeForge username (usually your email address), but is a secured username and password that allows the Dinerware TimeForge Bridge to communicate with TimeForge.
You can create a Web Service account by logging into your account, and go to the Settings for your location / store. You can then set your web service username and password.
2. If you do not yet have a TimeForge account, get started by creating a TimeForge account. We will create a Web Service Username and Password for you automatically.
Create a TimeForge Account
If you need to create a TimeForge account, please fill out all of the fields, including your company name, first and last name, email address, password, and a password recovery answer.
We will automatically create your Web Service Username and Password for you.
Configure for Aloha POS
Configure TimeForge for your Aloha POS installation. In most cases, the defaults will suffice for your software.
1. Choose the directory where Aloha is installed. This could be on a network drive. Normally it will be C:\Aloha, or C:\AlohaQS for Aloha Quick Service.
2. Indicate how many previous / prior days TimeForge should check for labor adjustments. Changes made prior to this time frame may not be reflected inside of TimeForge.
3. Check if you want to group your sales data by different revenue centers. Revenue centers are different areas where money is taken in, if you are unsure of this option leave it blank.